Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Visions of cottages danced in her head...

I don't know why, but lately I have had the urge to rearrange every room in my house, paint walls, furniture, and anything else I can get my hands on. (I usually do this on average every two years and it drives my hubby crazy!) :) I wonder why I can't just let it be and learn to live with something for longer. Our oldest son's room has been changed three times since we've lived here over the last five years. Our daughter's has had two different themes as well. Our bedroom has been changed three times, but I'm finally happy (for now) with the way it looks, although I am going to paint the dresser that has actually remained to stay in one spot this whole time. Our living room used to be a dark red, which I grew to hate because that room does not get wonderful lighting, and we have brown sofas. My husband and I painted three of the walls a light tan/cream color, leaving just an accent wall left. My wonderful hubby is, as I type, painting that wall now to match the rest. I have been looking at so many white/neutral rooms lately, and I L.O.V.E. them! I have always liked cottage style, but never took the leap and did it. Now I want to change our couches also, but that has to wait for now. They're beautiful, but I just want a more casual look in the space. I will post pictures when the room is done tomorrow, after me attempting to rearrange the furniture FIVE times in the last two weeks. Try as I may, the room's traffic flow and ackward wall space just makes it downright difficult to find something I like. In the meantime, here is my powder room, the most recently finished room. I would still like to replace the mirror, and do tile...oh, and get a toilet paper holder that stops falling off the wall (thank you, new-home builder!)... but I guess God is trying to teach me patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment