Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Low Blow.

This is very difficult to write. I hate feeling sorry for myself. But today, I feel the need to ask for prayer. For understanding, and support. For the last month I have been having pain, extreme emotional swings, and breakouts. Josh and I knew something was wrong, and that I needed to get an ultrasound. I was scheduled for one at 9:30 a.m. this morning. The results took me by surprise. I have three hemorrhagic cysts on my remaining ovary and have to take birth control to try to shrink them. I have never had three of this kind before. It is terrifying to me. These type of cysts are the reason I no longer have my left ovary, and had to have surgery last year. For more on that story, go here. I feel so alone. Yes, I have my wonderful husband and parents to talk to, but as far as friends...I am at a loss. I have no one else my age to express this anguish to. I know I have been blessed with three beautiful babies, but it is extremely gut-wrenching to have future biological children taken from you at such a young age. I don't wish I was pregnant right now, but if Josh or I should want that in the future, it just couldn't be. It breaks my heart. I know it is in God's plan, and like I said before, I do not like feeling sorry for myself, I am scared. I am scared for my kids and husband. They should not have to be put through me getting regulated on hormones before the normal age, or maybe having another surgery. I keep thinking about little helpless babies with cancer, or women who have never been able to carry or deliver a baby. I feel silly for even thinking that what I've gone through is hard. BUT it is. My chances of having ovarian cancer are much greater than the average person. I will most likely have to be put on hormones earlier than average, and I am missing two-thirds of my female organs before the age of 25. THANKfully, what I'm experiencing is not life-threatening, but I would like to ask for prayer for myself and my family. Have a great Thanksgiving!

-Lindsey

2 comments:

  1. Lindsey honey... I wish I was near you and could give you a hug.. so I send one to you. Precious girl.. it is alright to feel sad.. you have the right... However, we are going to pray for those cysts to shrink away.. in the name of Jesus. Kim and Nicole have both had cysts on their ovary, although I don't believe it was that particular type, it was still a scary process to go through with them. I feel your anguish. I know God has a plan for you.. I feel the strength and love of your marriage and your life, even without being near you. God has a plan my dear... I promise God has you in HIS loving arms. Hugs and love to you and Josh.. Rose Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rose Ann! It's scary how many girls have cysts now, it makes me wonder why? But I'll be okay, thank you for praying. Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete