Tuesday, June 29, 2010

blessed

The past couple of months have been eye opening, and although at times very difficult, it has also been the best times I have ever had. We have struggled as a family, and grown closer together. Our marriage has benefited greatly, and we know that God is the reason why. He determines every decision we make as a family, and are so excited for the next phase in our lives. After taking some time to pray, soul search, and grow...we have decided to resume our adoption process through foster care. I don't want to say too much about the number our ages or anything that we are going for, but it is a sibling group. We are getting more excited everyday, and I can't wait to start our home study. We have only told a few family members, and will begin telling more people close to us as the ball gets rolling. Prayers from anyone reading this would be so appreciated...the process can seem daunting at times, and I feel for every single child in foster care that is sleeping tonight without someone to call Mommy and Daddy.



On another note, Josh has started a new job and so far it's going great, we couldn't be happier about it. The kids are growing like weeds, I think Trent says a new word almost daily. That is wonderful but sad to me at the same time. He is my last baby, and the days of diapers, cuddles, naps, and slobbery baby kisses seem to be flying by. Kali has been growing into herself too, and I love it. Four is such a fun age. She is so independent and comfortable with who she is. We catch her singing her own made up songs all the time, I need to record some. Chandler is having a blast next door these days with his friends, and I love watching them all grow up together. He has been such a huge help around here, too. Who knew that once they turn six that they actually clean their room and help do chores willingly? My younger two could not have asked for a better big brother, he talks a lot about wanting to teach Trent to do things as he gets older, and is so sweet with Kali (most of the time!). I feel so blessed to have been given three amazing biological kids, and then have God call us to be blessed by adopting also!



We are still enjoying summer around here, although the heat has been killer. But at least that makes for a good tan. I volunteered Sunday at the kids' preschool program at Church, and I got to be in Kali's class! I was so excited and so was she. We had a really great time, I loved watching little four year olds sing their songs and have their own sermon. So cute. Hopefully this week flies by because I can't wait to spend much needed family time with Josh and the kids for July 4th. And of course get more of a tan. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment