Saturday, June 26, 2010

Six years

Six years ago today I was nineteen, scared, unsure, happy, excited, anxious, in love. Telling my Dad that I was nervous to do this. He told me everything would be okay, that he was going to be there right next to me, holding my hand. He told me everyone felt the way I did at one point, but I was going to be fine. (I have to say he's the best father I could have asked for, love you Daddy!) We walked out of the bride room and around the corner. The huge doors were open, and there was Josh waiting for me, at a distance that seemed like a mile! I smiled for the photographer and walked down the aisle to my future husband.

I laugh now about how young we were, how little we knew and still know about life, love, ups and downs. But we did it, and I can say that I know without a doubt that it was one of the best decisions I have made. I love Josh more now than I did on that day. I am proud that we have been determined to make it work, no matter what happens. I loved my wedding, it was beautiful.

Chandler was 6 months old, almost to the day. I wanted to include him in the ceremony in a special way, so my mother in law and my dad made a "wagon" to ride down the aisle in, pulled by my Nana. That has to be one of my favorite parts.


We were looking through our wedding album today with the kids and Kali said "I wanna be in this book, Mommy!"





My Dad and I danced to "My Girl" by the Temptations. So fun.


We have been through so much, being together since we were 17. We have laughed together, cried together, and grown up together. I wouldn't want to do it with anyone else. Happy Anniversary Josh, I love you!

And thank you Mom and Dad for making our wedding day so special, we love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment