Monday, July 12, 2010

the sharp knife of a short life...

My cousin passed a few days ago. It hurt so bad, it took me by surprise. The whole thing. Hearing the news, feeling like the wind got knocked out of me, memories of us together as kids flooding in, and my heart breaking for our family. I hadn't seen him in over ten years. He had moved back to Texas 6 months ago, and I never saw him. Not once. I wish when we were talking online two weeks ago that I after I had to step away from the computer to tend to the kids that I would have gotten back on and chatted with him more. I wish so bad that I had picked up the phone, met him for a drink and caught up. Hugged him, laughed with him, just to have seen him again. But now all I can do is think of our memories as kids. Going to daycare together, holidays, being glad to have him going school with me because I was scared to go to Kindergarten, catching grass snakes in front of the school before going inside, and birthday parties.

I have learned through this that no matter how busy I am, and no matter how long it has been, I will ALWAYS tell those I care about that I do, and make time to see them. You're never too busy for that.

sidewalk chalk paint with the kids:

"If I die young bury me in satin
Lay me down on a bed of roses
Sink me in the river at dawn
Send me away with the words of a love song...

 

...Lord make me a rainbow, I’ll shine down on my mother

She'll know I’m safe with you when she stands under my colors, oh and
Life ain't always what you think it ought to be, no
ain't even grey, but she buries her baby...



...The sharp knife of a short life, well

I’ve had just enough time
A penny for my thoughts, oh no I’ll sell them for a dollar

They're worth so much more after I’m a goner
And maybe then you’ll hear the words I been singin’
Funny when you're dead how people start listenin’...


...The ballad of a dove

Go with peace and love
Gather up your tears, keep ‘em in your pocket
Save them for a time when your really gonna need 'em"
--The Band Perry

~You'll be missed, and never forgotten. I hope you are at peace now~

No comments:

Post a Comment