Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Life lately

Chandler started school this Monday. Where has time gone?? And how am I the mom of a FIRST grader? It seems like yesterday that he was a tiny baby napping on my chest, and now he won't hold my hand or kiss me while walking into his new classroom. I am so proud of him...being a young mom I had doubts about the kind of job I would do raising him...I had no clue what I was doing. But I must be doing something right -- he knows God and loves Jesus, even telling his friends at school about Him. He is giving, loving, loyal, brave, charming, and smart. He makes me smile every single day.
Kali started her last year of preschool at our church today. She has always been our laid back child, going with the flow...until today. She FREAKED out about going into a new class. But when I picked her up the first thing she said was "I had SO much fun!". She means the world to me. She is an artist, she is sensitive, caring, gentle, animated, and genuinely loves life. She has a smile that lights up a room, and everywhere she goes it seems people gravitate toward her. Her voice and laugh cheer me up, and she loves when everyone is happy. Every single day she draws, colors or paints. Every. Single. Day. And her stuff is awesome! Unfortunately my scanner isn't working right tonight and it won't let me load pictures on here, but maybe soon I can. I'm going to do some research on finding a children's art class for her to go to and make some things to put in the house. My baby girl is getting so big!

It was so quiet here this morning with only Trent home so I packed him up and went to my mom's. Josh met us there later because he was working in the neighborhood.

16You didn't choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce fruit that will last, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. 17I command you to love each other.  John 15:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment