Tuesday, September 28, 2010

marching on

Lately as we get closer to having our homestudy started, my heart has been heavy. Well, not so much my heart as my mind. My selfish, doubtful, human mind. The one that worries what others think. The one that can't see the other side of this mountain. The one who doubts itself to do God's work and do it well. I have been praying constantly about this, repeating "Jesus" to myself when I start to feel anxious, worried and overwhelmed.

Then this morning I saw that Katie in Uganda wrote a new post on her amazing blog. And every time I read her stories of what God is doing through her, I feel rejuvenated. If she can do what she is doing, which is far scarier, messier, and trying than the road I am walking....then I can definitely do what I have been called to do. I know those three children that have lived without a permanent mother and father for years, are OURS. I cannot allow the enemy's thoughts to leak inside my head and fester there all day long. I feel a new excitement, I feel more love for them than I ever have. I want them home with me, I want to see their faces, hold them, tell them they will forever have a family. No matter the contrast of our skin color, no matter that I am only 13 years older than the oldest, no matter that I have no idea how to raise a teenager, no matter that I have three children already! LOVE is to be multiplied, our biological children are excited, they don't see skin color, they are loving, welcoming, accepting kids. My husband and I are walking the most difficult road we have ever been down. And at times it feels we are walking with blindfolds on. This process sometimes seems to take forever, and we don't know anything about the future. We don't know how we are going to do it. But HE will do it through us. I have felt a peace and energy this morning that only HE can bring me. I want to be set on FIRE for HIM, I want to live for HIM and I am marching on in HIS name! Have a great Tuesday!

 ‎2 Corinthians 12:9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

--Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment