Saturday, May 7, 2011

Dog Days

We've had gorgeous weather here this week, minus rain....we're all praying for it! It was nice and hot yesterday so I told the kids to get their bathing suits on, and I tried to hook up the sprinkler for them, to find out it's broken. So...I had to improvise, filling our dollar store sand buckets to the brim with hose water, gathering water guns and sidewalk chalk to entertain them.
 "Mom, take a picture of me being like a soldier!"




looking at these pictures, Chandler looks so old to me...long gone are his baby cheeks, and now he is over half my size. i feel like it's passing so fast and i can't do anything to slow it down. so i just want to soak up everything about them...like tiny hands playing in a bucket of water....
or wispy hair and lashes sweeping chubby baby cheeks...


my kids are so bonded, it makes my heart swell. i didn't have that growing up with my brother, although we are close now. i love that they are always there for eachother, for holding hands, giving hugs, drying tears, or just helping get something accomplished:
those two are like twins, hardly ever apart. even though they have their own bedrooms, they always sleep together. he teaches her things he learns in school, and she makes him laugh. of course they fight, but the good greatly outweighs the bad. they both adore Trent, to the point that i often have to tell them that i'm his mommy, not them...it makes me smile when Kali says "there's my baby!" 

 having fun with her shadow ♥

watchful big brother


After the fun, they dried off and headed inside for baths, popcorn, and movie time.


kali and i cuddled up on the couch and settled in to watch Mary Poppins. Field Day and our afternoon outside made for heavy eyelids.

Okay, so maybe he does still have hints of chubby cheeks :)

I've been having so much fun creating things for kali's party...it's been like therapy for me lately. i will post about that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment